The Camden County Board of Elections and Registration is comprised of five members, one from each district, appointed by the Board of County Commissioners. The Board will have the powers, duties, and responsibilities of the election superintendent of Camden County; the municipal election superintendent of the City of Kingsland, the City of St. Marys, and the City of Woodbine; and the Board of Registrars of Camden County, which is provided for under Chapter 2 of Title 21 of the O.C.G.A., the “Georgia Election Code.”
The mission of the Board of Elections and Registration shall be to serve Camden County with a secure and effectively managed voter registration and election system, assuring compliance with all State and Federal Election Laws, and dedicated to encouraging maximum participation by all eligible Camden County residents.
Qualifications for applicants include the following:
- Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age;
- Must be registered to vote in Camden County;
- Must reside in the district they represent in Camden County, Georgia;
- Knowledge of Federal, State, and Local election laws;
- Ability to serve an initial 2 or 4-year term;
- Ability to actively participate in the role of the Camden County Board of Elections and Registration;
- Ability to attend monthly scheduled meetings;
- Ability to travel to voting precincts before, during and after election(s);
- Must be able to successfully complete the Georgia Election Official Certification Program and become certified in elections administration; and
- No person who holds or qualifies as a candidate for elective public office shall be eligible to serve as a member of the board during the term of such office.
Since this is the initial organization of the Board of Elections and Registration, appointees from Districts 1 and 3 will serve a two (2) year term. To provide for staggered reappointment dates, appointees from Districts 2, 4, and 5 will serve an initial four (4) year term. After these initial appointments end, all members will serve four (4) year terms. Appointees must reside in the District that they represent.
Qualified applicants should submit their intent to serve to the Board of County Commissioners office via the County Website, www.camdencountyga.gov, featured on the homepage under Services, Online Forms, Citizen Board Application Form.
If you have any questions, please contact the Deputy County Administrator, Shawn Boatright, at 510-4306 or via email. Positions shall remain open until filled.