In the case of the current vacancy, and according to council by-laws, said appointment shall assume the current term and will expire on June 30, 2018.
The Coastal Regional Commission Area Agency on Aging provides programs to older adults and caregivers regionally with more than eighteen (18) service providers throughout our nine (9) county region. The role of the Aging Services Advisory Council is to conduct public hearings and/or community forums, represent and advocate for the interests of older individuals, review and comment on all community policies, programs and actions which affect older persons. Additionally, the council assures maximum coordination of services to assist older persons to remain independent.
The Aging Services Advisory Council is comprised of volunteers representing seniors, persons with disabilities, and caregivers residing in the Coastal Georgia region. Members of the Council are a diverse group of individuals possessing a wide-range of life skills, knowledge and experiences which serve to assist the Area Agency on Aging as it strives to meet the needs of seniors at risk, advocate for improved services for the elderly and disabled and to educate our elected officials and others about issues impacting the elderly and disabled.
Qualifications for applicants include the following:
- Must reside in Camden County
- Must not be an employee of the Coastal Regional Commission or an organization with a current contract for services with the Area Agency on Aging
- Ability to serve the remainder of a three (3) year term expiring on June 30, 2018 with eligibility for reappointment at that time
- Ability to actively participate in the efforts of the council and exercise leadership in advocating the agency objectives in the community
- Ability to travel and attend quarterly scheduled meetings generally held Tuesday mornings at 10:30 AM located at the Richmond Hill City Center, 520 Cedar Street, Richmond Hill, GA 31324.
Qualified Applicants should submit their intent to serve via the County Website, featured on the homepage under Services, Online Forms, Citizen Board Application Form. If you have any questions you may call County Clerk Katie Bishop at 912-576-5651. Positions shall remain open until filled.