The Camden County Board of County Commissioners is seeking qualified applicants to serve on the Woodbine Public Library Board of Trustees.
The Woodbine Public Library Board of Trustees is comprised of seven members appointed by the governmental agencies that financially support the library on a regular basis. Five members are appointed by the Camden County Board of Commissioners and two members are appointed by the Camden County School Board. Of the five members appointed by the Board of Commissioners, one shall be an elected appointee.
Qualifications for applicants include the following:
- Must reside in unincorporated Camden County, Georgia, with a preference for residents living north of the Crooked River in Camden County;
- Must not be an employee or an immediate relative of an employee of the Woodbine Public Library;
- Ability to serve a 2-year term;
- Ability to actively participate in the efforts of the Woodbine Public Library Board of Trustees; and
- Ability to attend quarterly scheduled meetings held at the Woodbine Public Library located at 103 E. 8th Street in Woodbine.
Board members shall receive no compensation but may be reimbursed for any reasonable and necessary expenses incurred in the performance of library business if approved by the Woodbine Public Library Board of Trustees.
This is the first opportunity for the Camden County Board of Commissioners to appoint members to the existing Woodbine Public Library Board of Trustees. Both current members of the Board of Trustees and interested volunteers are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants should submit their intent to serve via the County website, www.camdencountyga.gov, featured on the homepage under Services, Online Forms, Citizen Board Application Form. If you have any questions you may call 912-576-5651. Position shall remain open until filled.