The Camden County Board of Commissioners is seeking applicants from the hospitality industry to fill one (1) vacancy on the Coastal Workforce Development Board (CWDB) as a County representative.
The CWDB is a unique group of private/public community leaders charged with planning and oversight responsibilities for workforce programs and services in the 10-county region. The CWDB brings together leaders of the private sector, public agencies, education, labor and community-based organizations to focus on the regional labor force, regional economy and the local community needs. Board members are appointed by the local elected officials with a majority of the representatives belong to the private sector.
The Board is responsible for creating a 4-Year Strategic Plan, implementing and evaluating the regional workforce delivery system and providing oversight to achieve the following goals:
- Enhance program coordination and service delivery of WorkSource Coastal operations;
- Understand the skill needs of the employers in the region, identify gaps between these needs and current workforce, and to work to close these gaps;
- Ensure a qualified workforce is ready, willing and able to meet the needs of the regional business customer;
- Renew partnerships with regional private sector, education, training and community development partners to maximize integration and impact of services and to eliminate gaps and redundancies in regional workforce development efforts;
- Youth and young adults have the academic and job readiness skills required by regional employers; and
- Employers have the skilled workers they need to remain globally competitive.
The Board of Commissioners appoints members to the CWDB who serve a term of two (2) years. Board and Committee meetings are generally held in Richmond Hill and Savannah.
A member of the hospitality industry is preferred. Qualifications for applicants include the following:
- are owners of business, chief executives or operating officers of business, or other businesses executives or employers with optimum policymaking or hiring authority;
- represent businesses, including small businesses, or organizations representing businesses described in this clause, that provide employment opportunities that, at a minimum, include high-quality, work-relevant training and development in in-demand industry sectors or occupations in local areas;
- are appointed from among individuals nominated by local business organizations and business trade associations;
- must live, work, or own a business in Camden County;
- ability to serve a term of two (2) years;
- personal commitment to the County and Constituents they represent;
- ability to actively participate in the efforts of the Board & Committees; and
- ability to attend regularly scheduled meetings at 10:00 a.m. on the 4th Friday of even months.
Please note that meetings are normally held at the Richmond Hill City Center, but may be in other locations as scheduled.
Qualified Applicants should submit their intent to serve via the County website, www.camdencountyga.gov, featured on the homepage under Services, Online Forms, Citizen Board Application Form. If you have any questions you may call 912-576-5651.
You can learn more about the Coastal Workforce Development Board by visiting their website at https://worksourcecoastal.org. Position shall remain open until filled.