Their work, in addition to the efforts of the Georgia Department of Public Health (DPH) Coastal Health District, combined to administer approximately 11,000 COVID-19 vaccinations in Camden County to date.
The State of Georgia is actively vaccinating Phase 1a Plus, including:
- Individuals who are residents of Georgia or employed in Georgia, and,
- Adults age 65 and older, or
- Caregivers of adults 65 and older, or
- Emergency first responders, or
- Healthcare workers, or
- Residents and staff of long-term care facilities, or
- Funeral home workers who come into direct contact with the deceased.
Beginning on March 8, 2021, vaccine eligibility will expand to include:
- Educators and school staff,
- Adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their caregivers, and
- Parents of children with complex medical conditions.
The Coastal Health District’s COVID-19 Vaccine webpage, https://covid19.gachd.org/vaccine, details all phases of vaccine distribution in Georgia and allows eligible individuals to schedule appointments online. Other vaccine appointments are available through local pharmacies and are listed on the Georgia DPH website at: https://dph.georgia.gov/covid-vaccine. Southeast Georgia Health Systems also allows eligible individuals to schedule vaccine appointments online.
Additionally, the State of Georgia is opening mass vaccination sites across the state. Beginning Wednesday, March 17, 2021, two of these sites will be in southeast Georgia with one in Savannah and one in Waycross. Although these sites are not in Camden County, all Georgia residents may register for a vaccine at any of these sites. More information and registration is available on the https://myvaccinegeorgia.com website.
Administering COVID-19 vaccinations to our Camden County community is a team effort with many different partners. Camden County residents are encouraged to have patience as the phases of vaccine eligibility continue to include more individuals. More information is available on the Camden County COVID-19 website at: camdencountyga.gov/COVID19.